Sunday, 07 August 2022
Login |  Register 
MSC News National Headlines Sports Top Headlines CBS US News CBS Technology
County to seek funding for bridge project
06/21/2018

Brown County Courthouse

(KNZA)--Brown County will seek funding through the Kansas Department of Transportation for the replacement of a bridge located on the Brown-Nemaha County line nearly 4 miles northeast of Wetmore.

The Brown County Commission Monday gave Moni El-Assar with the engineering firm BG Consultants of Manhattan approval to apply for funding through KDOT’s Off-System Bridge Program for fiscal year 2020 for the replacement of a steel truss bridge on Acorn Road over Muddy Creek.

If approved, funding through the program would pay for 80 percent of the construction cost.  Brown and Nemaha Counties would split the remaining 20 percent along with engineering costs.

The counties should learn in September if the project is selected for funding.  

 

© Many Signals Communications
You will need to be logged in to leave a comment.
Please Login

characters left

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited.
Click here to review our Terms of Use.



MOST VIEWED STORIES
Lancaster man arrested for alleged child sex crimes
Arrest follows stolen skid-steer loader
Decision 2022-Local NEKS results
Decision 2022-KS Primary Election results
Accident closes Atchison's 6th Street viaduct
Hiawatha woman arrested after search of home
Three injured in Monday wreck near Hoyt
Probe continues following Saturday night pursuit
Two Iowa men arrested after stolen vehicle stopped in Holton
Costly Atchison theft investigated
Pyle submits petition to run for Governor
Jefferson Co water rescue a success
Horton organization appeals for continued county funding
Deployment ceremony held for local guardsmen
Local residents to benefit from new KS food program
Falls City woman sentenced in federal court
"Prosperity" tour brings KS Governor to Holton
Two Falls City residents facing drug possession charges
Herbster will be allowed to add examples to lawsuit
Decision 2022: Atchison Co real-time vote tally

Click Here For All Stories


LATEST STORIES
Arrest follows stolen skid-steer loader
Hiawatha woman arrested after search of home
Costly Atchison theft investigated
Falls City woman sentenced in federal court
Commissioners discuss Richardson County Courthouse roof
DEA urges families to discuss dangers of drugs before school starts
Health Alert issued for Iron Horse Trail Lake
Lancaster man arrested for alleged child sex crimes
Rupnick re-elected PBP tribal chair
Auburn BPW offering incentives to ag producers
Click Here For All Stories

©2022 MSC News
Hiawatha, Ks 66434
EEO Public Report
KNZA - KLZA - KMZA - KTNC - KAIR
Powered by Radio Media Group
172.70.34.163